We believe everybody should realise the joy and benefit of playing sport and there are so many reasons why bowls is ideally placed to unlock these fantastic advantages. Here are Bowls England top 5 reasons to give bowls a try:
1. Playing bowls is very doable. Whatever your physique, bowls is a sport for everybody and it will help improve your fitness levels and mental wellbeing.
2. Bowls is not expensive. To get going you don’t need lots of new kit and we put on taster sessions for free. Even when you get the bug, joining our club can cost as little as £120.
3. After football, bowls has the second highest number of clubs in the country. With so many places to play, it’ll take no time at all to get you up to speed.
4. Compared to most sports, age and gender differences have less of an effect on a game of bowls, so it’s a perfect sport to spend time, it’s more enjoyable than you think!
5. Bowls clubs are sociable places full of people looking to have fun, so bowls is a great way to relax, make new friends and feel part of your local community.